Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to you...

Ok, so not an official birthday, but today Logan turns 2 months old. Two months already!  I look at her and wonder what she's thinking when she looks at me with a pause, what she's trying to say when she babbles contently and just how did she learn to suck her tongue to make that loud popping sound that I've grown accustomed to.  Already Logan has learned to navigate her world.  She refused to sleep in her pack 'n play until her daddy had the bright idea to put her contoured changing pad inside first.  I don't know what it is about the shape or maybe its velvety soft, polka dot sheet, but even now, this instant, she's fast asleep in her signature position; arms up and out to the sides with balled fists.  And to think, she looked at me like I was crazy when I laid the changing pad on the rugs of the floor of my office, then laid her down so she could chill and babble and I could begin writing after being sidetracked for about an hour.  Motherhood is natural for me.  It seems to just flow as if it was always meant to be.  As if there's a switch in your head that goes from 'no child' to 'parent'.  Or maybe this is still the honeymoon stage.  Either way, each moment is so full and different that it just fits into my spontaneous side.  Lo is sleeping so peacefully that I want to leave her right where she is, the middle of the floor.  Is that bad?  We once let her sleep on the changing part of her pack 'n play.  After fighting sleep for an hour she just conked out after getting her diaper changed.  So we threw a blanket over her and backed out the room quietly.  Well, I guess Logan just helped me with my decision to leave her.  She's awake now and is doing her damsel in distress grunt so I better go.  I wonder though, could the office floor be another option when she's cranky and I'm functioning on two hours of sleep?  Just sharing my thoughts...on being Logan's mom. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Lo!!!
    I could see her just how you described her, the arms out, the hands tiny and sweet, the slow baby breaths. I love her!

    ReplyDelete